Here is a recipe that is so easy to make and store, allowing you peace of mind that you’ll have your super juice ready for your birth!
Labour Aid Drink
Say no to Gatorade!
This amazing drink replaces electrolytes and hydration, which is important as dehydration can slow labour! It also provides energy during the birthing process, taking small sips after every contraction.
*TIP* try to pee every hour to make space in the belly, making it easier to push baby out!
- 1 cup water *or more, depending on how strong you want the taste to be
- 3 cups coconut water *you can choose flavoured or unflavoured
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice *lemon juice is delicious too
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- ‘Calm Natural’ magnesium powder supplement *this can be purchased at your local grocery store
Add magnesium powder to BOILING water to ionize, creating a more absorbable form of magnesium.
Let this cool and then add to the rest of the mixture to it.
Store in fridge/freeze in water bottles or ice cube trays until needed.
Christina Zvicer, RYT, RHN | be loved nutrition. Support that goes beyond food ingested and incorporates the person as a whole, physical and spiritual being.